Today (February 17th 2020) is Random Acts Of Kindness Day and it is no secret that the world could do with a little extra kindness. It literally costs nothing to be kind and people seem to forget that. I thought I would share some acts of kindness that you can incorporate easily into your everyday life!
ACTS OF KINDNESS
- Call a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to in a while but keep meaning to catch up with!
- Offer to babysit for a friend – even if it is just for an hour so they can have a shower and refresh themselves.
- Send a friend a text to let them know WHY you are thankful for them.
- Visit an elderly neighbour and see if they need a hand with anything; some shopping picking up, bins taking out or a bit of cleaning.
- Comment on a post online you love – I have been making more of an effort to comment or share on posts I am loving whether it is Instagram or Twitter. It literally takes seconds.
- Have a clear out and take some items to the charity shop.
- Check your local food bank and see which items they are desperate for.
- Make a donation to a charity – it can be a couple of £’s – it will make all the difference.
- Support a small business – whether it’s buying something or simply sharing their business on your social media or through word of mouth.
- Send a small care package to a friend.
- Tell a shop assistant to have a lovely day, engage in conversation.
- Buy a homeless person a hot drink and something to eat – especially in this horrible weather!
- Reach out to someone you know is struggling.
- Give praise to a colleague who has done a good job.
- Collect together any clothes or toys your children have grown out of and give them to somebody in need.
- Pay for somebody’s coffee in a café. Kindness pays forward.
- Write some positive quotes down and hide them in your local area for people to find.
- Tell a mum/dad what a great job they are doing with their children! I’ve had this happen to me and it honestly made my day.
- Leave a tip in a restaurant for your waiter/waitress.
- Gift somebody a book you think they would like.
I shared a similar post here in 2018 for World Kindness Day which has even more ideas!