“SPRING HAS SPRUNG” BOOK TAG
I haven’t done a tag in so long & I don’t *think* I have ever done a book based tag! Which is actually quite surprising! I came across this tag on Heather’s YouTube channel, Bookables. I loved the idea of a season themed book tag so figured i’d get involved!
- FLOWERS // All the flowers you remember are blooming again, pick a book that is a fresh take on a retelling? I absolutely love retellings, as long as they aren’t complete copies of the original story. Firstly, I can’t mention retellings without including A Court Of Thorns & Roses (obviously), but for this I am going to recommend Geekerella. Which is a loose retelling of Cinderella with a geek/comic-con twist. I love the comic/fangirl aspect!
- CADBURY OR MINI EGGS? // Pick a book that you consider to be a sweet treat? I am a sucker for a contemporary book so there are so many I could include, but i’m going to narrow it down to…three. Heartstopper Volume 1 by Alice Oseman, which is a LGBT graphic novel, P.S I Like You by Kasie West (the queen of contemporary books) & Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein.
- ALLERGIES // Pick a book that made you cry? Oh god, I am a proper book crier. I would say…. Me Before You by JoJo Moyes & All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
- SPRING CLEANING // Pick a book to un-haul? There’s quite a few I could quite happily get rid of… but i’ll go with…Looking For Alaska by John Green.
- SPRING BREAK // Pick a book involving a road trip? I *think* I’ve only read one book involving a road trip.. which is Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I didn’t really rate the story BUT what I did like is all the little added extras, the photographs, receipts, playlist ect. The author actually took the road trip!
- MATING SEASON // Pick a book with some smutty delights? Love a bit of smut. The books I’ve read most recently with all the good smut are, The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang & The Hating Game by Sally Thorne.
- RAINBOWS // Pick a book featuring an LGBTQ+ character? Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda (or Love, Simon as the film is known) by Becky Albertalli, Aristotle & Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.
- SPRING AWAKENING // Pick a book that has a dysfunctional character? You by Caroline Kepnes, we’ve all seen the tv series at least (I presume), bitches be cray.
- IN LIKE A LION, OUT LIKE A LAMB // Pick a book series that didn’t get better as it progressed? The 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey, I absolutely loved the first book! It was so different & intriguing, but the next two books in the series were just…no. The film is crap too FYI.
- AS FUN AS THE SUN // Tag some friends. I tag Hels, from TheHelsProject. Amy from amyjanealice, and Steph from StephLoves.I also tag anyone who wants to do this post!