For those of you who don’t know, I am a complete bookwork! I love nothing more than snuggling up with a good book and getting completely lost in it. I could easily read a book a day and here are a list of my top 5 for you to read this Summer.
1. A Game of Thrones//George R.R Martin: “A Song of Fire and Ice, the greatest fantasy epic of the modern age. Summers span decades. Winters can last a lifetime. And the struggles for the Iron Throne have begun. Several noble houses fight a civil war over who should be king”. I started watching the series a couple of months ago and was hooked instantly, so I knew I had to try the books..and they didn’t disappoint! There isn’t a single chapter in this book that isn’t exciting, there’s always something happening. I love it. I’m currently half way through the second one and it’s even better!
2. The Keeper//Luke Delaney: “D.I Sean Corrigan is different to most cops. He’s no psychic, but his own dark past has given him the ability to step into a crime scene and see it through the eyes of the offender. He understands what drives a person to commit murder, rape, arson – but sometimes his gift seem more like a burden. When the brutally body of a young woman is found in the woods, Corrigan and his team are on the case. But this is not the act of a one-time offender. They’re on the trail of someone who has been taking women from their homes and keeping them captive before disposing of their bodies”. I read this whilst in Crete last month and loved it. There’s nothing better than a good mystery book that keeps you guessing at every turn! There were so many twists and turns in this book it’s amazing.
3. Shopaholic & Baby//Sophie Kinsella: “Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) is pregnant! She couldn’t be more overjoyed-especially since discovering that shopping cures morning sickness. Everything has got to be perfect for her baby: from the designer nursery . . . to the latest, coolest pram . . . to the celebrity, must-have obstetricia..But when the celebrity obstetrician turns out to be her husband Luke’s glamorous, intellectual ex-girlfriend, Becky’s perfect world starts to crumble. She’s shopping for two ..but are there three in her marriage?” This is the fifth book in the shopaholic series, but it’s actually the first one I read, so you don’t really need to read the first 4 to know what’s happening. I am a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella and have been reading her books for years, but her Shopaholic series is my favourite. If you’ve seen the film ‘Confessions of a Shopaholic’ starring Isla Fisher, it is based on the first novel. It’s a really good chick-flick, that’s easy to read and has you laughing out loud.
4. The Hunger Games//Suzanne Collins: “The nation of Panem, formed from a post-apocalyptic North America, is a country that consists of a wealthy Capitol region surrounded by 12 poorer districts. Early in its history, a rebellion led by a 13th district against the Capitol resulted in its destruction and the creation of an annual televised event known as the Hunger Games. In punishment, and as a reminder of the power and grace of the Capitol, each district must yield one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 through a lottery system to participate in the games. The ‘tributes’ are chosen during the annual Reaping and are forced to fight to the death, leaving only one survivor to claim victory.” Everyone and their cat has heard of the Hunger Games multimedia franchise, whether that’s ready the books or watching the films..(which are also amazing). They’re full of action, with a bit of romance, drama and mystery. Everything you could want in a book.
5. The Fault in our Stars//John Green: “Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.” I’ve saved the best until last. This has been my favourite book for…over a year now, before the whole HYPE. It is….beautiful. I feel like whatever I write, won’t do it justice. Just try it, and i’m sure you’ll fall in love just as I did.
What have you been reading this Summer? What is your favourite book?