One of the things i’ve noticed since moving out, is how hard it is to think up meals for throughout the week! I took it for granted, living with my mum, thinking it would be a doddle. It isn’t!!! It’s so hard trying to think of different and tasty foods. Everyone warned me that when moving out, you tend to live on takeaways, and yeah it’s true, we enjoy a treat once a week, but other than that I enjoy creating yummy, fresh, healthy foods.
My mum and sister, are members of a local Slimming World group, so I take a lot of meal inspirations from them, their recipe books and their meal plans. Most recipes that feature on my blog, will be Slimming World friendly. (I’ll state this at the end of each post)
One of my favourite meals is a quick stir fry, during this weeks meal plans, I opted to make it with steak, instead of chicken. Just for something a little different. What I love about this meal, is you can just throw it all in a wok, and voila. No fuss.
- Frying Steak, which I cut into strips. I used two medium sized pieces for two of us, this would change depending on how many you are cooking for and how much meat you like 🙂
- Half a red onion.
- A couple of hand fulls of frozen peppers. We use frozen as they are better value for money and JUST as healthy as fresh peppers. If not using frozen, i’d day use at least half a red and green pepper.
- A packet of noodles, I use rice noodles as I don’t like the texture of the thick egg noodles.
- 2 tablespoons of Chinese 5 Spice.
- A drizzle of chilli sauce.
- I start by adding two sprays of Fry Light (1 cal per spray), into a large wok, before throwing in the steak.
- I then add the onions and peppers, before mixing in one tablespoon of the 5 spice and a small drizzle of chilli sauce.
- I add the rice noodles, when the steak is cooked and the onions & peppers have started going soft.
- I add the rest of the 5 spice and another drizzle of chilli sauce. Just enough so it is coating all the ingredients.
- Heat it throughout and ta-da!! Done.
I put the stir fry into bowls and served with chopsticks. Because.. I can 🙂
I find it easy to use chopsticks, where as Aaron..well..he’s learning.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. I absolutely love cooking and trying new things, so I thought i’d put the recipes on the ol’ blog, hoping you guys will like them and maybe give them a try.
I also thought you guys might like to see what kind of foods we pick up on a weekly shop? Let me know!
*Slimming World Friendly