Over the past 12 months I have been making small steps in our house to be more eco-friendly and cut down on the plastic we are using – we are no means perfect but we have made some great changes. A lot of these were “oh we’ll try it and we’ll see” but they are now a firm favourite! I thought I would share some zero-waste products on Amazon.
I am so glad we have put some effort into going zero-waste and just one change really can make all the difference. I would ALWAYS highly recommend you shop locally however with everything going on in the world right now (Corona), online shopping is much less risky than going to the shops & being able to buy everything in one place also makes it easier for you.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. YOU CAN READ MORE ABOUT THESE IN MY DISCLAIMER
1. BAMBOO CUTLERY is a great place to start, especially if you are taking your lunches to work. This set also includes a bamboo straw & handy pouch to keep it all in!
2. REUSABLE COFFEE CUPS are fab, especially if you make a habit of treating yourself to a takeaway hot drink when you are out & about. Most companies offer a small discount on your purchase if you take your own cup – as a thank you for being more eco-friendly.
3. DRYER BALLS are a more recent addition to our house but I LOVE them. They help reduce your drying time to help soften clothes and reduce wrinkles! These wool balls are a great alternative to the plastic ones you can buy – they last roughly 1000 washes.
4. METAL STRAWS is a swap I use everyday. I just like drinking through a straw, no idea why, it’s just a habit. I knew I needed to make a change and purchased myself some metal straws to use at home & when we go out to pubs/restaurants ect. They don’t have “a funny taste” as so many people seem to claim they do but that could just be me.
5. PRODUCE BAGS, I hate to admit are something I didn’t even know were a thing until about a month ago! I knew about reusable shopping bags but not ones specifically made for your produce! I used to just throw them loose into my trolley but I am definitely going to purchase some of these to use.
6. RAZOR is a swap I made very recently and holy shit, the difference is amazing! I get a much closer & smoother shave and the fact it is plastic free is a winner. I wish i’d made the swap sooner.
7. REUSABLE MAKEUP PADS are a really cheap swap to make! I picked mine up from the Aldi special buy range but there are so many available on Amazon, I am definitely going to order some more. They are super soft & come with a little wash bag to put them in whilst in the washing machine so they don’t get lost amongst the clothes!
8. Reusable shopping bags are one of the easiest swaps to implement into your life! You can pick these up from supermarkets, Amazon or even get cute designs on Etsy. We have quite a few of these & have, finally, gotten into the habit of putting them straight back into the car boot once we have unpacked our shopping.
9. Organic dishwashing sponges are a change I was really sceptical about! I wondered whether they would be durable enough to clean your pots properly without falling apart & I was very pleasantly surprised! They are 100% biodegradable too!
10. Glass spray bottles are great for using if you make your own cleaning products! They are really cheap & reusable! Making your own cleaning products is super easy & there are tonnes of methods online. You can also use these bottles for spraying plants, home linen sprays ect.
11. Bamboo toothbrushes are a swap I still need to make (I actually ordered some whilst writing this blog post – LOL). I have heard amazing things about them, they are 100% plastic free & biodegradable. They are also a hell of a lot cheaper than I thought they would be – the set I have linked costs less than £6 for a pack of 5!!! Bargain.
12. Metal water bottles are great to use for both hot AND cold drinks – they keep hot things hot for 12 hours & cold things cold for 24 hours. So they are great to take out & about with you. They also have really cute unique designs! A fab alternative to plastic bottles you grab at shops & supermarkets.
13. Wax wraps are a much more planet friendly alternative to cling film – whether it is for leftovers or packed lunches, these are a great option! They are made from cotton, beeswax, jojoba oil & tree resin – so they are reusable and biodegradable. Your warm hands will help mould the wrap around any shaped product.
Those are just some of the many zero-waste products on Amazon. I hope you found some of these helpful & made one or two plastic free swaps!