This isn’t the type of bucket lost post I had planned on doing. I don’t know if I was in denial or what but when lockdown was first announced, I honestly thought it would be over by now. I shrugged off Aaron’s suggestions that Teddy’s birthday may be spent in lockdown. “May is ages off, it’ll be fine by then.” I think I knew deep down that it was going to go on for a long time but also didn’t want to face up to the fact. Slowly but surely I’ve gotten used to the idea & scarily, this life seems the norm now. That being it said, it hasn’t stopped me of dreaming of the days when all this is over & we can be FREE. I thought I would share our after lockdown bucket list.
Some of the things on this list are so bloody simple & something we usually wouldn’t even think twice about. Lockdown has definitely made me appreciate things so much more – especially the little things we took for granted.
1. See family – god I miss my family SO much.
2. Take the boys to playgroup with my sister and nephew.
3. Organise Teddy’s settling in sessions at his new school nursery. He is due to start in September but.. we’ll see.
4. Take the boys to soft play. Fucking hell, never thought i’d see the day where I missed soft play.
5. Go out for lunch with my family.
6. Take Teddy to Cbeebies land in Blackpool
7. Go swimming! Oliver has never been swimming & Teddy had just learnt to swim on his own with armbands before we went into lockdown.
8. Visit National Trust parks again. Visit the café there & enjoy a hot chocolate.
9. Have a picnic with all my family in the park.
10. Actually be able to take Teddy to the park – on the slide & swings.
11. Watch Teddy interact with other children without having to hurry him away. It honestly breaks my heart.
12. Browse Home Bargains and B&M bargains at a leisurely pace.
13. Go on a mate date with my best friend to Nando’s.
14. Have a date night.
15. Go to the beach – buy warm doughnuts and eat ice creams.
16. Get Teddy’s haircut.
17. Get MY hair cut. Typical I thought of his hair before my own LOL.
18. Go to Waterstones and buy a book, then sit in their Costa Coffee and read a chapter or two with a nice cake.
19. Go out for a meal with my sister. Just us.
20. Book Oliver’s first holiday.
22. Sit in Mcdonalds and cry over my Big Mac about how much I have missed them.
23. Go to my mums for a chat & a beverage.
24. Chat with my postman. He is so lovely.
25. Go fruit picking!
26. Celebrate all the birthdays we have missed in our family.
27. Go to Aldi and not have to queue outside.
28. Not having to book a food slot three weeks in advance.
29. Go to the library with Teddy and let him pick his own books.
30. Going to the zoo. We have always gone on Teddy’s birthday but obviously this year we spent it in the house.
Those are just SOME of the things I can’t wait to do. What are you most looking forward to? I’d love to know what is on your after lockdown bucket list.