Visiting Disneyland Paris with a toddler can seem so daunting and I honestly didn’t know what to expect at all! We visited last October when Teddy was around 15/16 months and it is the best thing we’ve ever done. We just took our time, went with the flow & fully embraced the magic. We have actually just booked our next trip for 2020 & I can’t wait. I thought I would share my personal top 5 things to do with a toddler in Disneyland Paris. Picking just five was hard but I thought i’d keep it short & sweet.
TOP 5 THINGS TO DO WITH A TODDLER IN DISNEYLAND PARIS
01. THE ILLUMINATIONS- Honestly can’t recommend this enough! We only planned on watching it once on our trip but ended up watching it every night! Teddy was completely awestruck and didn’t move for the whole 20 minutes. For those of you who aren’t sure what Illuminations is, it is a lights/projection & firework show that happens every night once the parks have shut and takes place at Sleeping Beauty’s castle. The show & fireworks are timed along with lots of different Disney songs and so many characters are also projected on the castle. It really is amazing & worth sticking around for. It’s completely magical.
02. THE PARADES– There is a parade everyday, usually around 5/5:30pm that goes up Main Street in the Disneyland park and all the characters are there from all the Disney films including all the princesses, Mickey & the gang.. so many. If you aren’t really into character meet & greets this is a really good way to at least see all your favourites. There are also themed parades throughout the year! We visited at Halloween and there was a special parade that was Halloween themed & I know they also do them for Spring & Christmas! The atmosphere is amazing with the music playing & everyone is really excited.
03. SMALL WORLD– The song may end up stuck in your head all day long but the little ones LOVE IT! The music, dancing & theming really sucks them in and keeps them entertained. Teddy really enjoyed the fact we were on a little boat & didn’t move the whole time. The ride is located in Fantasyland, which is where all the best toddler friendly rides are.
04. PETER PANS FLIGHT– Possibly one of my favourite rides! It isn’t very long but I absolutely love it – it takes place on a pirate ship that goes round a track and you “fly” over all the scenery from the Peter Pan film; the houses, the lagoon, ect. This ride does have a fast pass system which I HIGHLY recommend you get as the wait times can be crazy!
05. WATCH A SHOW- To give yourself some time to rest your legs and let your toddler have some chill out time, I would highly recommend heading into the Walt Disney Studios park & catching a show! Mickey & The Magician is on at the minute, which you can find in the Toon Studios. It’s lots of singing and dancing, so what is not to love?