2017 has by far been the scariest, craziest, tiring & most wonderful year of my life. I welcomed in 2017 at home, over half way through my pregnancy with Teddy. Who, at the time was a baby who I loved so much but had no idea who they were! We hadn’t found out the gender, we didn’t have any names picked.. It’s surreal looking back and not knowing it was always Teddy, if that makes sense?
02. I have kept the ACTUAL human being alive for 7.5 months so far (which is pretty good going in my opinion), with only a few minor meltdowns & my nipples still intact. I have exclusively breastfed my tiny little love bug since he was born, with only a minor set back at the beginning which you can read about in my BREASTFEEDING JOURNEY post. It has been one of the most demanding things I’ve ever done and contrary to popular belief, it isn’t easy but with a sheer determination and nipples made of steel (thank Christ), we’ve made it this far and I can’t see my stopping anytime soon.
04. 2017 was the year I started up my blog again after taking some time off & I’m so glad I did! I have documented my journey so far as a first time mum, sharing all the highest of highs but also the lowest of lows. I pride myself on not just sharing the highlights but also giving a really honest account of what motherhood as been like for me.
05. My blog has given me so many incredible opportunities this year, I’ve worked with some amazing brands who I absolutely love & still can’t believe they wanted to work with little ol’ me. I was chosen to be a part of the HiPP Organic Moments Team and we have been so incredibly spoilt by them, sending Teddy such lovely treats. I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings!
06. I received my first EVER paid post and it felt amazing! I started blogging six years ago when I didn’t even know getting sent products & being paid was a thing! I would love to know that this is ‘possibly’ something I could take a little further and earn a steady income from, but until then i’m happy just doing what I am doing!
07. I have met the most incredible group of Mama’s. Ever. I honestly don’t know how i’d get through day by day life, without them. I know, no matter what, they will never judge and are always there for a rant, a question or a sleep deprived meltdown.
I can’t believe I am ending this year with a seven month old! It’s so surreal and I’m quite sad that it’s over but I can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store for my family, it’s going to be hard going back to work, even though it’ll only be part time, I’m so used to being with my tiny he-beast 24/7. It’s going to be strange and a adjustment for sure.
I hope you all have a fabulous new year & that 2018 is bigger & better than ever!
P I N T H I S: