I may only be (almost) 24, but these are some of the things i’ve learnt so far in my 20’s.
1. It’s okay to be selfish. Don’t be afraid to put yourself first sometimes.
2. Friendships are hard work. It’s true what people say, as you get older you do realise who your true friends are.
3. Don’t let the little things matter.
4. There will always be Disney <3.
5. I can no longer drink like a 18/19 year old. I could do with remembering that more often..
6. The earlier I can get in bed, the better. Going to bed at 8p.m is nothing to be ashamed of.
7. Don’t care what people think. They’re going to think it anyway, whether you care or not.
8. There is no boundaries with your friends. Anything goes. Conversation wise…
9. It’s okay not to have it all figured out.
10. Teenage skin is NOT a thing of the past.
11. Sarcasm is at an all time high.
12. Being able to peg your washing out is literally *angels sing, harps play, birds tweet*
13. Money can’t buy happiness. Although when your skint, a tenner would come in nicely.
14. If your life revolves around Netflix marathons and cuddles with your cat, that’s fine.
15. Teenagers are fucking annoying and you’ll always wonder if you were that annoying!
16. No one is going to clean up after you, it’s a thing of the past.
17. Quality over quantity when it comes to friends.
18. Time really does fly.
19. You can’t please everyone, accept it.
20. Sometimes you will want to strangle people with your bare hands, as long as you don’t act on it, there’s nothing to apologise for!
I’d love to know some of the things you’ve learnt in your 20’s, or even your 30s/40s/50s!