I’m a complete soup fanatic, and since moving out and having a little more freedom to try & test new things in the kitchen, they have become a regular addition in our home.
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into strips.
- 4 rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed and finely chopped.
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated.
- 600g chopped tomatoes.
- 400ml chicken stock.
- Salt and pepper for seasoning.
- sprinkling of chilli flakes (optional).
- Start by grilling your chicken breasts, then whilst they are cooking chop and dice all your veg and bacon.
- Then place the onion, carrots and bacon in a large non-stick saucepan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stock and chopped tomatoes and chilli flakes. Bring to the boil, stir, then cover and simmer on a medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste and serve.
This has to be one of the easiest soup recipes i’ve made yet and it tastes so delicious. The chilli adds that little kick that I really like in my food. It also went down very well with my better half which is a bonus. It’s also been a great winter warmer, these past couple of months have been so cold and there’s nothing better than a good soup.
Any soup recipes that are a must try? Let me know.
*Slimming World Friendly.