Oh god, it’s made me hungry just looking at these pictures, mmmm. Braising Steak was a firm favourite when I lived at home, so since moving out 4 months ago I thought it was about time I had a go at making my own. Although it will never be as good as Momma Blakey’s, it came pretty damn close.
- Braising Steak, I used 2 reasonably sized steaks, one each for me and Aaron.
- A large onion, peeled and chopped.
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- 400g chopped tomatoes.
- 400ml beef stock.
- Start by frying the steaks, in a large frying pan, in a little oil, until they turn brown. Then transfer them into a casserole dish and put them to one side.
- Then fry the onion and garlic in the leftover oil, until soft and slightly brown. Tip them over the steaks.
- Mix the chopped tomatoes and stock together in the frying pan, and bring to the boil. When it’s boiled tip it over the steak and onions, before covering the casserole with tin foil.
- Place in the oven, heated to 200 degrees, and leave for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
I served the Braising Steak with roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings and peas, my version of a sunday roast, seen as i’m not quite there yet with my culinary talents, haha. This meal would also be amazing served with mashed potatoes and any veg.
What are your favourite meals recently? Any recipes that are a must try?! Let me know 🙂