I love nothing more in the colder months, than good homemade food. Especially soups and stews.
I absolutely love making soup, I feel so domesticated haha. It’s so quick and easy, and if you make a big enough batch, they can last you ages. So if you are working late or just having one of those days where you can’t be bothered cooking, just heat a portion of soup up on the hob, or microwave and you’re good to go!
Today i’m bringing you my recipe for my homemade tomato soup. I got the recipe from a slimming world recipe book, so it’s healthy, filling and oh so delicious.
- 2 cans of chopped. plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 onion
- salt & pepper to season
- 450ml of veg. stock
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener
- Place a large pan on a low-medium heat, sprayed with fry light (1 cal per spray) or a little bit of oil. Cook the onion and celery until they soften.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, sweetener and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and cover. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, before blitzing with a hand blender. Season and stir. Return to the heat until piping hot and serve, garnished with some fresh basil leaves.
Easy as that. It was the first time I had made this soup and it went down a storm in our house, so woohoo.
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe and i’d love to know if you make it. Better yet, let me know your favourite recipes.